Friday, April 20, 2012

What are the differences between Tags, Notes in SharePoint and I like It and what is magical about them?

Tags is one of the social media tool.Tags help you remember the links and classify the selected item in a category. You select an item and click either on 'Tags' or 'I like It' and enter Tag and click on Save button. Tags then Post to tag cloud and appear in the 'Tag and Notes' tab of your SharePoint profile(in My Site).  It is upto individual to tag an item and so it is personal and individual specific. Tags work across different SharePoint Sites that you work with.
'I like It' is a special tag that tags the links with 'I like It'. 'I like It' also post to the tag clouds in the 'Tag and Notes' tab of your SharePoint Profile. Tags can also be private.
Notes are  public comments that post to the news feed. It also work across different sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment